The ADA recommends that patients using a
CGM also have access to a BGM system1
CGM manufacturers state that BGM testing is still necessary1, 3-6
Any time accuracy is in question
No value or trend arrow
When symptoms do not match readings
When waiting on supplies
Recovery from hypoglycemia
Patients taking acetaminophen
Closed loop diagnostics
Day one of sensor use
1. American Diabetes Association. 7. Diabetes Technology: Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes. Diabetes Care – 2022. 2022;45(Suppl_1):S97–S112.
2. Holt RIG et al. Diabetes Care. 2021;44(11):2589–2625.
3. Medtronic Guardian Sensor User Guide. M983403A011_A.
4. Abbott FreeStyle Libre User’s Manual, ART38553-001 Rev. C 09/2017.
5. Dexcom G6 CGMS User Guide LBL014003 Rev 008 MT23976, 2018.
6. Dexcom G5 Mobile User Guide LBL013445 Rev 005 MT23435, 2017.
7. CONTOUR®NEXT BGMS User Guide, Rev. 03/21.